LGBT+ Rights Are Human Rights:
LGBT+ Rights Are Human Rights: protecting the rights & safety of LGBT+ people
Led by older LGBT+ facilitators, this interactive training workshop will enable participants to:
- Get the latest information on the rights of LGBT+ people in the UK and internationally
- Appreciate the criminalisation and victimisation of previous generations of LGBT+ people
- Better understand the consequent exacerbation of mental health and social care needs
- Understand definitions of hate crime and hate crime incidents and how to access protection
- Take away free resources, video links and good practice guides to share with colleagues
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Opening Doors London staff at 020 7239 0400.
This is a free community workshop restricted to 24 places so early booking is advised to be sure of attendance.
Opening Doors London is grateful to United St Saviours, Trust for London and City Bridge for supporting our work with older LGBT+ people in Southwark.
Opening Doors London (ODL) is the biggest charity providing information and support services specifically for older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans+ (LGBT+) people in the UK.
We are a membership organisation providing regular social opportunities across the capital to help develop networks and communities for LGBT+ people, aged over 50.
We also offer specialist training and consultancy for statutory and voluntary organisations, such as care homes, housing associations and hospitals, to help them understand the needs of older LGBT+ people
Share this event
If you are attending an event and need help with any accessibility requirements you have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure they can accommodate your needs.