Twitterchat: A Healthy Nursing Workforce
The Five Year Forward View (2014) bravely made a commitment that the NHS would lead the way and set an example in supporting staff to stay healthy – but what does this mean in reality ? What does it mean to have and support and healthy nursing workforce?
Workplace health can be described as “promoting and managing the health and wellbeing of staff and includes managing sickness absence and presenteeism (a person physically at work, but unproductive). Workplace health interventions include activities undertaken within the workplace by an employer or others to address these issues, and action to address health and safety risks” (All Our Health 2018).
Promoting health in our workplaces can mean managing sickness, promoting activity, supporting mental health, promoting hydration and promoting healthy eating in addition to supporting staff with healthy lifestyle choices and/ or enabling them to support each other. When our core business is looking after others how do we take time to ensure our workforce is also healthy?
This #WeNurses discussion aims to explore workplace health and how we can promote a healthy nursing workforce. The following questions will be asked:
- What do we mean by a healthy workforce?
- Why is a healthy workforce important? What is the evidence?
- How can we help nurses to be receptive to the idea of a healthy workforce?
- How can role modelling help with healthy workforces?
- Where do we start with promoting healthy choices in our workplaces?
- Has the Health and Wellbeing 1b CQUIN made a difference to you?
- What one thing matters to you regarding a healthy workplace?
Share this event
If you are attending an event and need help with any accessibility requirements you have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure they can accommodate your needs.